Tuesday, August 31, 2010

funny familiar forgotten

You know when someone does something really stupid online and then follows it up with one of those semi-apologies that includes the bleat "Look, it's just been a really tough few days and there's been a lot of stuff going on in my personal life" and you think "fine, but if that's the case how come you found the time to check Facebook, send that mad email or post fifty three times to a message board in block caps?"

Well... yeah. Last night contained a tiny, awful little event. A really small ugly bit of homophobia. Stupid really the sheer tininess of it - I've had friends who've been properly gay-bashed and they're brilliant about it. But this... oh lawks, I'm worked up into a right old state by it. And the terrible thing is, it was so tiny and casual, just a single remark that the guy probably forgot about it between one sip of his drink and the next. I haven't. It's so small and it's gnawing away.

*fumes*

So I'll be treading carefully online for a couple of days. Just to avoid having to say "Look, it's just been a really..."

1 comment:

JahTeh said...

How dare he? Doesn't he know who you are? My sympathy has just placed you above Lee on my adorable ladder.