Thursday, July 20, 2006

Who moved my cheese?

There's a revered management strategy called "Who moved my cheese?" - a simple parable about two mice who go to the same place in a maze every day for their cheese. One day, the cheese has moved. The clever mouse goes hunting for the cheese. The stupid mouse stays, waiting for the cheese to come back.

Yesterday, my cheese moved. Or my maze moved. Or something. And anyway, I'm lactose intolerant. But there was a restructuring work thing. With flow charts. And a complicated circular diagram thing like those Georgia O'Keefe drawings of lady bits.

After much hunting through these charts, I discovered what my new role might be: "Embedded Future Media Technologist".

I explained this to the people in Cardiff. They're now calling me "the inbred".

No comments: