Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Tears of a Drag Queen

Saturday at a gay bar:

"Oi, you!" yells the drag queen to a short heckler, "Shut Up! What do they call you - Shorty?"

"No, Stumpy, actually," said the heckler.

"I can guess why!" roared the drag queen.

"No, you can't," said the man, taking his arm out of his pocket. He was missing a hand.

=== later in the same set ===

"And you, gorgeous!" she booms to a young man in the crowd, "What a great smile you've got - I bet you've got beautiful teeth."

He smiles widely - revealing that he, in fact, has no teeth.

=== Later still... ===

"Oi! You! Pay attention to me!" she yelled to someone sat down. "What's the matter - are you deaf?"

He turned slightly, so that she could see his hearing aid.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And was she suitably abashed? I'm prepared to wager that she probably wasn't...

Skip said...

She gave up and sang show tunes.

Anonymous said...

Oh dear! Frankly, were I to encounter a drag queen, I think I'd rather that she made faux pas about my disabilities than sang show tunes at me...