Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Commander-in-Chief


I'm finally catching up with this West Wing replacement starring Geena Davis and Donald Sutherland. Every episode goes like this:

Geena Davies: I'm the ruler of the free world, and I'm just so damn perky!

Donald Sutherland: I'm very evil and will destroy you.

Teenage Daughter: Oh, mum, you don't understand me. Whine.

Geena: I've baked an apple pie. Shall we pray?

Donald: I'll get you for this Madam President.

***

It's nearly very good. Everyone's a bit likeable. It's just that the show is All Over The Place. This appears to be because the first handful were run by the show's creator, the next handful by Steven Bochco, and the last couple by someone's mate Terry who quite fancied a go.

Characters, plots and motivations sweep in and out. The only fixed this is Geena Davies' grin.

No comments: