Seven Songs I Like (In no particular order):
- Mack The Knife - Ella Fitzgerald - cos she gets it wrong. So wrong that it falls apart around her, and she carries on, laughing and never dropping a beat.
- Sinnerman - Nina Simone. Oh, she was mad, but she's your go-to-gal if you want a 14 minute spiritual.
- Your Disco Needs You - Kylie Minogue. Ah. I remember falling in love with this when I thought it was an obscure bit of euro pop.
- Seasons in the Sun - Alcazar. Talking of obscure bits of euro pop. They take the Nana Mouskouri classic. and they sing it out of tune. Bless them.
- Downtown - Petula Clark. You know all the words. You just haven't realised it yet.
- Baby One More Time - Britney Spears. The only song I would ever sing at Karaoke. But doing my slow, deep Paul Robeson impression.
- Jerusalem - The only song to sing walking home drunk through the rain.
6 Weird things/Habits About Myself:
- I refuse to admit I'm getting short-sighted - but I don't stop going on about it. Honestly - why does my vision improve rapidly after a vodka? Everything's in focus. And yes, the men are prettier.
- I have to be introduced to people before I can talk to them. Unless we're about to die. Or shag.
- I always go to bed with an empty bottle beside it. It's cos my flatmate spends an hour in the bog in the morning with a cup of tea and a slice of toast, and boys just can't wait that long to wee. I hate myself sometimes.
- When I'm really really drunk and don't want to show it, I start jiggling my knees.
- I don't forgive. Not even myself.
- I can only exercise to Radio 4. Unless its jogging, in which case it's cheesy club tunes or nothin'